Wednesday 11 August 2010

Introducing rambling northumberland

This blog is a natural continuum of my wildlife blog, but with a wider remit, as I wanted to record not only the wildlife I see on my perambulations round the county, but also comment on routes, the aesthetic appeal of this lovely county we live in, and observations on environmental issues and even historical asides, (although having gained my least prestigious O level pass in history I cannot claim to be an expert ).

For the last year and 8 months Peter, my husband, and I have been doing short walks along the route of Saint Oswald's Way going South to North (from Heavenfield to Holy Island). As we are usually alone we do a circuit rather than a linear walk, and we try to use alternative paths to the official way on the return leg of the walk. This can often result in battling our way through rights of way which have fallen into disuse. Some of the blog entries will record our St Oswald's waying, others will reflect on shorter walks we do, usually in the local area.

No comments:

Post a Comment